One of the joys of this very blog has been the continual learning curve. Since I jumped into this social media race and the Murphy-Goode Campaign it has been heaps of fun, loads of new experiences and a few downfalls (which taken in the correct light always lead to deeper understanding and a “moving forward”).
Yesterday I started to boast about my Squidoo Lens on Mass PPV Traffic, today I learned something new which I am going to try on my next Squidoo (’cause I am now hooked on Squidoo… so I will for sure be writing more Lenses). So in order to NOT forget what I wanted to try, I decided to share my idea with you. That way we can all benefit and if you have any Squidoo wisdom to share, I am sure you will be so kind and leave me a comment, right?
Here is the new 8 Step Strategy which has to do with ranking, backlinking and pinging:
- Set up Squidoo WEB2.0 Lens
- Put your content on the Lens WITHOUT ANY LINKS
- Ping and wait until the site gets indexed
- AFTER it is indexed go back to the site and update it with a couple hundred words of content. 200 words is fine.
- Wait for a few days until the site is spidered again.
- Promote the site a bit. You can do this by submitting the RSS feeds, Bookmarking, blog commenting, etc…you know the drill
- Wait 24 hours
- Now you can start putting your links on the Lens
So, do you think this will be a good strategy to be able to rank well within the Squidoo ranking system? I think it is worth a try… What strategy do you use?
Related articles by Zemanta
- Create the best topics to blog about (opencircle.co.za)
- Is it too late to catch up? (sethgodin.typepad.com)
- Social Media: How Much Should Be Automated? (markevanstech.com)